The word nursing comes from the word nutritious which means to nourish, to protect, to Sustain, to train and to educate. Florence Nightingale (1820-1910 ) made her preparation and she put her heart and soul for shaping this profession and prepared nurse for care of sick as well as for protection from ill health and promotion of health of individual and society.
W.H.O. Defines: ‘Health is a state of physical, mental and Social well being and not merely absence of disease or infirmity.”
The concept of nursing is based on the INC Definition of the unique function of the nurse that is to assist an individual sick or well, in the performance of those activities contributing to Health or its recovery.
- To create professional men power who can serve the society selflessly.
- To provide a broad base education and training to Nursing graduate at hospital and community level who can function in wide variety of setting and make their distinctive contribution to all branches of nursing profession for promotion of health, prevention of diseases, care during illness and maintenance of positive health.
- To fulfill the acute shortage of qualified nursing personal.
- To do pioneering work of creative for the development of human and scientific health care system.
- To provide qualified nurse with the skills to cope with advancement in medical science and technology.
- To promote in depth study of nursing graduate to generate new perspective and adopt innovative approaches to deal with problems encountered in nursing and health field.
The college campus has vast infrastructure equipped with well ventilated and spacious class room, hostels, demonstrations lab, recreation center and play ground etc. Hostel building is in the campus of the college with mess facility. Warden room is with in the hostel. Each room has attached toilets. Common toilet facilities are also available in the college and hostel with 24 hrs, water supply. College and hostel campus is guarded by security personal round the clock.